Tuesday 2 February 2010

Back from the Snow / De Volta da Neve


First of all I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year - a bit belated I must admit.


I have just got back from the snow, I have been on a quick trip to the snow-covered United Kingdom and options for e-mail were limited. Most days there was so much snow that I could not even get to the cybercafé, as buses were skidding and trains were cancelled. I did manage to get to London before the Big Freeze but otherwise mainly stayed in my birth town of Coventry.


So now I am back, to entertain and inform my fellow translators with the usual nuggets of wisdom and translation tips. Enjoy!


Em primeiro lugar, gostaria de desejar a todos um Feliz Ano Novo - com um pouquinho de atraso.


Acabei de retornar da neve, fiz uma viagem para a gélida Inglaterra e havia poucas opções para consultar meus e-mails. Na maioria dos dias havia tanta neve que nem consegui chegar até o cybercafé, pois os ônibus estavam derrapando e os trens estavam cancelados. Consegui chegar a Londres antes da Grande Geleira, mas no mais fiquei mesmo na minha cidade natal de Coventry.


E eis eu aqui de volta, para entreter e informar meus colegas tradutores com as pepitas de sabedoria e dicas de tradução. Aproveitem!



No comments:

Post a Comment